It took us a little longer than we expected, but we just fixed the bug associated with building the TeamTalk solution on the SharePoint Beta. For anyone running SharePoint 2010 you can now download the solution here.
On the left you can see a steady stream of messages from anyone who is a member of this team site, on the right you have your 140 character message composer, and below that, a list of any messages sent directly to you.
Installation is very straight forward and has been tested on the SharePoint 2010 Beta Only.
1. Download the “TeamTalk 2010” solution file
2. Upload the solution file into the “Solution Gallery” of a site collection where you would like to host a “Team Talk” site.
3. Activate the solution.
4. Create a new site, select the “TeamTalk 2010” template.
There are two ways to add pictures to a persons updates:
- Complete your MySite profile by uploading your picture
- If you are just using SharePoint Foundation, then add a new column to the “Users and Groups” table called “PictureUrl” (Single line of text). Each user can then modify this property, adding a URL to a picture of them, and you are ready to go.
We are committed to fixing bugs and moving this forward based on your feedback, so please don’t hold back. You can give feedback right here on this blog post, or if you want a direct response, email me: email@example.com