I just a little more work into our original “Assembly Free” SharePoint solution designed to make it easy to complete Time Sheets in SharePoint.
Here are the additional features we have added:
1) Improved the overall look and feel
2) Selecting a client automatically pre-fills the client for the remaining days
3) Empty days are no longer posted to the Calendar
4) A check is now made to ensure you select a starting Monday in the Calendar
5) Basic validation is made before you can submit time
Install it now (remember, its only a Site Template):
- Download the Site Template.
- Open a site collection where you would like to create the Timesheet subsite.
- Click on “Site Settings”
- Click on “Site Templates” under the “Galleries” heading.
- Click on the “Upload” button, and then select the previously downloaded “Timesheet.stp” file.
- When you have done that, click on “Site Actions” –> “Create”
- Click on “Sites and Workspaces”
- Give the new site a “Title” and a “Description”, then from the “Select a Template” section click on the “Custom” Tab.
- There you should find the new “Timesheet” site template, click on it an click on the “Create” button
Or we have also made an online version available for you to play with:
Demo Site: http://demo.zevenseas.com/sites/AssemblyFreeDemos/TimeSheet/default.aspx
Feel free to enter in a timesheet yourself, add customers, go crazy, and don’t forget to let us know what you think!