Just checked in a new build of the Search Coder tool we released earlier this year. I’ve made a number of pretty significant changes, which I think have resulted in some pretty significant improvements.
You can download it from the Search Coder CodePlex project here.
Here’s a summary:
- Improvements to the User Interface.
Added the concept of “WhereGroups”.
- Simplified the selection of Properties so that this is now a Check Box List on its own.
- Made the UI feel more like the statement, with “Select” and “Where” headings.
- Made the creation of the “Where” statement simpler and more flexible.
Simplified the OM
- This means that you can now group where statements.
- Previously you could only say “Where X = Y AND A = B AND C = D OR F=J” which is quite limiting.
- Now you can say “Where (X = Y AND A=B) AND (C =D OR F=J)”, with statements in the brackets evaluated independently.
- I introduced nullable properties, which allowed me to get rid of the “FirstWhere” concept.
- I refactored the Where side of the project making less code, and greater readability.
Here are some new screenshots:
I still have a little work to do, perhaps a little refactoring, adding a few more features to the UI that are in the OM, and improving the support for errors. But it is getting closer and closer to a V1. Always enjoy your feedback.
P.S. Some of the code in the UI is a little ropey, need to go back an tidy that up, just my priority is the OM.