Just finished making some improvements to our "Team Status” application based on some feedback we received:
- Performance has now been dramatically improved. Previously I would issue 2 web service calls, for each messages (once for the username, once for the picture). I know, disaster. Tonight I changed it so that all usernames and pictures are cached upfront. Thanks to those who pointed out the performance was slow, please do try again and let me know what you think.
- I solved the issue that resulted in some manual steps during installation. So now, adding members to the site is as easy as, well, adding members to the site.
- Also solved a couple of smaller issues:
- Now works fine with HTTPS
- Now works fine on Site Collections at the root of a Web Application
I have almost got it working on BPOS (Microsoft Online Services), will have an update in the next week or so. In the mean time try it out here:
Demo Site: http://demo.zevenseas.com/sites/AssemblyFreeDemos/TeamStatus/default.aspx
Domain for all accounts:
Usernames: ZSHOSTED\teamstatus, ZSHOSTED\teamstatus2, ZSHOSTED\teamstatus3
Passwords: (passwords are the same as username, eg. teamstatus, teamstatus2, teamstatus3
Or install it yourself:
- Download it
- Create a new site collection, log on as Site Collection Administrator, and upload this .STP file to the “Site Templates” gallery.
- Under “Site Actions”, select “Create”, then chose “Sites and Workspaces”.
- Give your site a Title, URL and a Description and then click on the “Custom” tab, select “TeamStatus” and click “Create”. Note: This version currently does not support unique permissions, so you must use parent permissions.
- After a few moment you will be taken to the new site, and be able to create a send messages.