Thought it might be a good time to put a short reminder post about some of the free tools we have released over the last 12 months or so, as it has been a while since we have written about some of them. Hopefully there is something in there for you!
First up, there are our CodePlex projects, that come complete with source code.
Filter Web Parts
- Choice Filter Web Part - The zevenseas Choice Column Filter web part does three simple things: 1) It pulls the choices from a choice column, 2) Displays them in either a list of option buttons or a drop down, 3) Passes the value you select to other web parts via a connection - More Information
- Quick Alert Web Part - The zevenseas Quick Alert web part allows a user to create an alert, on a specific list with just a single click. - More Information
- AD ChangePassword Web Part - The zevenseas AD ChangePassword webparts allows users to change their Active Directory passwords. This is comes in handy when using an extranet scenario where users cannot change their password the regular way.. . - More Information
- QuickTask Web Part - The zevenseas Quick Task web part allows you to complete multiple tasks from a tasklist at once. Plus you can very quickly assign a task to someone by using the context menu. - More Information
- CodePlex Statistics Web Part - Allows you to quickly display the download statistics for one or more CodePlex Releases - More Information
Tools that helps you build, test and code solutions based around the SharePoint Search API. It includes a graphical tool, and an OM which abstracts SharePoint Search SQL.
Site Lifecycle Management
The Lifecycle Management application is based on the original LCM tool of MS-IT but then slightly modified to be more '2007'ish ;)
So what does it do?
- Captures sitedeletions and makes a backup first before deleting the site or web.
- Gathers sites that are unused (using the Usage info, Last Content Modified Date and Last Security Modified Date)
- Actions can be taken on this "unused" sites, such actions are
- Mail the siteowner and informing them that their site is being unused
- Lock the site after a given period of time
- Delete the site after a given period time
This is a solution that SharePoint administrators can use to block certain features (site/web/webapplication/farm) from being activated or deactivated by the user that accesses the Managefeatures.aspx page.
Free and installable solutions.
Social Bookmarking for SharePoint. It takes the standard “Links List” to a new level via browser integration, one-click tagging, advanced graphical views and global tags that allow you to define tags across an entire site collection. Take a look at the new “Walkthrough”.
The Link Conductor
Provides a centralised link redirection service with statistics. This way you can put links like: http://<Your Site URL>/go.aspx?<Category>=<Action> and ensure that they always go to the right place.
Tags Web Part
Does what it says, but a picture says it better: