Finished adding a few more tweaks and bug fixes to our “Assembly Free” Team Status application. I think its solid enough to call it a V1.0, and the good news is that it now works on BPOS (Microsoft Online Services).
Remember, this is just a SharePoint Template, so anyone can install it on SharePoint anywhere! You DONT have to have access to the server.
Fixes and Enhancements:
1) Added the name of the person who made the update, and a link to reply.
2) Prevent empty status message by disabling the “Update” button if the message box is empty.
3) Supports installation on BPOS (Microsoft Online Services)
4) Added the current user to the top of the page
5) Now supports account names with a ‘.’ in them (Thanks Oskar!).
As always, you can try it out for yourself by following these instructions:
Demo Site: http://demo.zevenseas.com/sites/AssemblyFreeDemos/TeamStatus/default.aspx
Usernames: ZSHOSTED\teamstatus, ZSHOSTED\teamstatus2, ZSHOSTED\teamstatus3
Passwords: (passwords are the same as username, eg. teamstatus, teamstatus2, teamstatus3
Download the new version now. If you are interested in integrating our Team Status application with Twitter, take a look at my tutorial using TunnelPoint here.