A social life ....... well draw your own conclusions when reading this post but the excuse is at the end of this post.
Of course nothing goes wrong during your development and deployment. But what if for some unforeseen reason a little mistake is made and because of that only the default.aspx is screwed up, you might still want to access the other useful administration pages of your site.
Or perhaps you might want to have some shortcuts to commonly used administration pages, this post might help you.
Fortunately there are not so many pages so therefor I will update this list bit by bit, bare with me and please feel free to help me out here.
For now I am only listing the pages that are directly accessible from your site collection and don't require a querystring. It's an oldie and kind of retro but back in his handsome younger days my mate Daniel posted an item about querystrngs.
- AclInv.aspx = add users
- AddNavigationLinkDialog.aspx = Edit the title, URL, and description of the navigation item.
- addrole.aspx = Add a Permission Level
- AdminRecycleBin.aspx = Site Collection Recycle Bin
- AreaCacheSettings.aspx = Publishing Site Output Cache Settings
- AreaNavigationSettings.aspx = Site Navigation Settings
- Site Navigation Settings = Site Navigation Settings
- AreaTemplateSettings.aspx = Page Layout and Site Template Settings
- AreaWelcomePage.aspx = Site Welcome Page
- AssetPortalBrowser.aspx =
- associatedgroups.aspx = Edit Group Quick Launch
- AuditSettings.aspx = Configure Audit Settings
- avreport.aspx = ow really :))
- bpcf.aspx = New Basic Page
- ChangeSiteMasterPage.aspx = Site Master Page Settings
- ContentTypeHierarchy.aspx = Content Types Hierarchy
- create.aspx = create overview lists, sites and pages
- CreatePage.aspx = Create Page
- ctypenew.aspx = New Site Content Type
- deleteweb.aspx = Delete This Site
- dws.aspx = Document Workspace (instruction page)
- editpolicy.aspx = Edit Policy
- editprofile.aspx = Edit Details
- enhancedsearch.aspx = Search Settings
- ........ to be continued
While going trough all the pages in the layouts folder I came across some pages that I have never seen before. Have a look yourself and feel free to provide your vision about the purpose of these pages.
Excuse: I am at the Volkswagen dealer waiting for my car to be ready.